HomeHelpLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 28, 2014, 09:07:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News
RSS Feed for Newsreaders Click here to save feed

Stats
41,799 Posts in 6,799 Topics by 48,340 Members
Latest Member: ISchreine
+  Global Derivatives
|-+  Personal Development
| |-+  Careers (Moderators: globalderivatives, wendy)
| | |-+  career development
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Topic: career development  (Read 921 times)
andresvn89

« on: March 26, 2012, 08:51:38 PM »

Hi everyone!

Im new to the community and I want some advice some experienced people in the field. I'm from Bolivia and I want to focus my career on quantitative finance. However I don't have a strong preparation on maths or physics or any other quantitative field. I have a Bsc in Finance and I want to pursue a degree in MFin / MFE /CF later. I have work experience on the field assessing the risk of potential investments here in Bolivia. I have a 3.0 / 4.0 GPA, and I know it isnt good at all , after seeing what other people applying to this market have. Im taking the FRM this november. I was thinking to study Applied Math in the state university here so I could be at the same lvel of other people, but that would mean 4 more years of study (Im 23 now) so that would mean that i would have to apply to a master's degree by that ttime. Is it worth it to do so?...What would you recommend in my situation, Im very interested in the field and I have good math skills (those were my best grades in college)...
Thanks a lot
Sponsored

View Profile

Sivanand
Junior Quant Analyst

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 07:57:59 PM »

Hi,

You can go for applied math focused masters courses. If you want to get into financial mathematics, MFE would be a good choice. Further you may also try getting CFA or FRM designation, just to add value to your resume. Hope you would have gone ahead with level 1 of FRM. There are couple of good course providers which help in course preparation in FRM. You may try http://www.simplilearn.com/.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: